Wednesday 19 September 2018

Longing for Home

Do you ever find yourself longing for home?  Your Heavenly Home?  Sometimes I do....I hope that is okay.

Sometimes life is so trying and taxing, full of discouragements.  Things do not turn out the way we had hoped for or imagined.

But what keeps me going is knowing I have work to do.  I have children to take care of, and a home to make for them--as beautiful and Heaven-like as possible, by God's grace.

I don't always have money in the budget to get things for our home, and I cannot drive right now to go to the shops.  It has been a long time since we have been to thrift stores or car boot sales--I have found a couple of lovely paintings at car boot sales.  But this week I have managed to have just enough money to order a picture frame to frame a couple of our wedding photos.  I also finally found a natural candle company here that does not charge an extravagant amount of money for scented soy candles.  So I have ordered a couple of fall-themed candles to lift our spirits just a little bit.

I have been so busy with other things lately, that the home has just been on maintenance-mode, with the children doing most of the housework.  There is more I would like to get done around the house, so my family has a beautiful and clutter-free home to live in and enjoy. 

A trip to a reservoir.  Imagine how lovely Heaven will be, where the light comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.

10 comments:

  1. The picture is so peaceful. So glad you are doing well. Your posts are always encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could give you a hug. I could have written this myself. I feel a lot like you do. The need for relief, but dealing with one challenge after another. It's going to be okay, one way or another -- for all of us.

    I look back on a recent year where I felt like I was constantly putting out fires, and we were just paying for things to barely stay in place. Stress every day. It wore me down so much.

    I thank God for the relief on small victories, like paying a bill that's been hanging over our heads.

    It's starting to get a little bit better now. I wish all the best for you and your family.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI SISTER: HACE TIEMPO QUE NO PUBLICABAS, ME ALEGRO DE SABER DE TI. SABES ESTOY PASANDO LO MISMO QUE TU, LA VIDA NO ES FACIL AQUI DONDE VIVO, HAY MUCHOS PROBLEMAS ECONOMICOS, DE INSEGURIDAD, MI ESTADO FINANCIERO ES UN DESASTRE, HACE MUCHO QUE NO PUEDO COMPRAR COSAS PARA EL HOGAR O PARA MI O MIS HIJOS, TAMBIEN VOY A LAS TIENDAS DE SEGUNDA MANO, PERO DIOS NO NOS ABANDONA, EL ES FIEL, TENEMOS SUSTENTO Y ABRIGO, EL PAN NO FALTA, TAMBIEN PIENSO QUE CUANDO ESTEMOS EN NUESTRO HOGAR CELESTIAL, TODAS ESTAS COSAS YA NO EXISTIRAN, ESTAREMOS FELICES ALABANDO AL SEÑOR, SIN LLANTOS, SIN DOLOR, SIN PREOCUPACIONES. DIOS TE BENDIGA RICAMENTE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you ... Heaven will be lovely, I can only imagine ...
    Be encouraged.
    And if you share your mailing address with me, I will you send you one of my homemade soy candles for fall .... you can let me know. I will gladly send you one from one momma to another..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I often long for my Heavenly home. I know the Lord keeps me here on earth for a reason, but some days, I'm just more than ready. But, in time, that longing will be fulfilled and we get to go home. :)

    The scenery in your photo is beautiful! It is very different than our bean, wheat, and corn fields here in southern Kansas (US).

    It's nice to "meet" you!

    Mrs. A
    www.thefrugalkansashomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, nearly every night when I lay my head on my pillow I long for heaven. I have much to be thankful for but that day will come when we are truly (and undeservedly) home. I like the old song "Going Home."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I long for my Heavanly Home more and more. I was just thinking about it this morning! Praise God He has prepared a place for us! This encourages my spirit.😊

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments.