Tuesday 5 December 2017

An Eventful Week



Last week was a very eventful week.  I fell ill for a couple of days, with unexplained pain that kept me in bed all day.  But I was well taken care of by my children and my dear husband.  And I treated my symptoms naturally and soon returned to good health--so thankful to the Lord.

The middle of the week was quite emotional, and then towards the end of the week, three of our chickens became very ill, and we thought they would die.  All they would do is stand around, hunched over with their feathers puffed up.  One of the chickens couldn't even see, apparently, as she was unable to figure out where the water dish was.  They even stopped eating.  Again, I treated them, and two of them were eating the very next day.  The third also soon began eating again, and today, the chickens are mostly completely better, with the third chicken even regaining her sight.  We even got some eggs from our healthy chickens on the Lord's Day.  How grateful we are for the Lord's goodness and mercy to us, even in these seemingly small things.

Also, during the week we had quite a scare when my husband's car suddenly caught on fire.  Thankfully it was parked and he was not in it, and no one was hurt.  I am so very grateful he is okay.  I hug him a little tighter each day and thank the Lord again for His protection.

6 comments:

  1. I have chickens too and know how troubling it can feel when they became ill. They bless us abundantly with their eggs, so we do all we can to care for them. I'm curious as to how you treated them. Perhaps it could help me in the future. Glad to hear your husband was safe from the car fire. God bless.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. I've studied homeopathy a lot, so I researched remedies to treat them. Homeopathy is great because it is all natural, and you can use it on you, your family, and all sorts of animals too. When I picked remedies that I thought matched their symptoms, I placed them in a glass jar of water, then shook it until the pellets were dissolved, then gave that to them as their drinking water until they were very much better. Thankfully it worked! These are the 2 resources I looked at to pick remedies-- http://www.vethomopath.com/indpoultry.htm and https://archive.org/stream/poultrydoctorin00tafegoog#page/n57/mode/2up. Also, if you want to learn how to use homeopathy, I learned from www.joettecalabrese.com. It's been an incredible blessing to our family!

      Delete
  2. HOLA QUERIDA HERMANA: DESEO QUE SE ENCUENTRE MEJOR DESPUES DE SUS DOLORES, NO ES GRATO SENTIRSE ENFERMO, UNO SE SIENTE DEBIL Y NO PUEDE HACER MUCHAS COSAS, GRACIAS DIOS QUE SU FAMILIA ESTA A SU LADO PARA AYUDARLA. ¿QUE PASO CON SU AUTO? ¿HUBO ALGUN DESPERFECTO ELECTRICO? DIOS HA GUARDADO DE ALGO TERRIBLE HERMANA, ALABADO SEA SU SANTO NOMBRE. EN UN MENSAJE ANTERIOR, USTED COMENTO SOBRE SU VIEJA CASA Y LAS MUCHAS HABITACIONES QUE TIENE, ¿HA PODIDO ABRIR TODAS LAS PUERTAS? PARECE COMO UNA PELICULA DE SUSPENSO. BUENO LE ENVIO MIS SALUDOS Y A LA ESPERA DE QUE PUEDA CONTESTAR. DIOS LE BENDIGA RICAMENTE A USTED Y SU FAMILIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, it's nice to hear from you. We think there must have been some sort of engine failure. We hope to find something out, but we may not. I hope my husband will be able to replace his car though. It is completely destroyed. I'm so thankful my husband is okay.

      As far as the doors, they are completely sealed shut and we cannot open them. I think most of them just go into the rooms we can already get in to--they were extra doors it seems that someone decided to seal shut.

      God bless you, Ana.

      Delete
  3. GRACIAS HERMANA POR CONTESTAR. ¿USTED VIVE EN INGLATERRA? ¿EN QUE CIUDAD? DISCULPE MI CURIOSIDAD, PERO ES LA PRIMERA VEZ QUE ESTOY CONECTADA A UN BLOG DE SU PAIS, TODOS SON DE ESTADOS UNIDOS, TODOS FAMILIAS CRISTIANAS, Y LEO UN BLOG DE UN PAIS AFRICANO, UN HERMANO QUE LIDERA UN ORFANATO PARA NIÑOS DESAMPARADOS. ESTOY MUY LIGADA A LOS HUERFANOS, YA QUE CON MI ESPOSO HEMOS ADOPTADOS 3 NIÑOS CON NECESIDADES ESPECIALES Y VISITAMOS CADA TANTO ORFANATOS PARA CHICOS DISCAPACITADOS. ¿USTED TIENE HIJOS? NOSOTROS TENEMOS 9 HIJOS BIOLOGICOS APARTE DE LOS 3 QUE LE COMENTE, TENEMOS 6 NIETOS Y 2 EN CAMINO PARA EL PROXIMO AÑO, SOMOS MUY BENDECIDOS, AUNQUE NO ES FACIL LA VIDA, SABEMOS QUE ESTAMOS EN ESTE MUNDO, PERO NO SOMOS DE ESTE MUNDO COMO DICE LA PALABRA DE DIOS, ES DIFICIL ESTAR RODEADA DE TANTOS IMPIOS QUE NO QUIEREN OIR DE LA SALVACION A TRAVES DE JESUCRISTO, ES UNA PENA, SABEMOS LO QUE LE ESPERA AL MUNDO CUANDO VENGA EL JUICIO DE DIOS. ¿CUALES SON SUS CREENCIAS? ¡CUANTAS PREGUNTAS¡¡¡ DISCULPEME HERMANA SI LA MOLESTO Y DISCULPE PORQUE ESCRIBO EN MAYUSCULA, ES MI COSTUMBRE, NO ESTOY GRITANDO COMO ALGUNAS HERMANAS DE OTROS BLOG ME CUESTIONAN, ME CRITICAN. BUENO LE DESEO UN HERMOSO DIA BENDECIDO. UN ABRAZO FRATERNAL A LA DISTANCIA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we have children and pray the Lord gives us more. That is wonderful that you adopted those children. I believe in God's Word and all that is written there. May God bless your day and help you to stand in the evil day. Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments.